Sunday 20 January 2013

how has this module affected my outlook to art

Then I  first started to study  this module I could not understand the concept at all.  I was beginning to wonder what I had let myself in for!  But I decided that I must go for it.  It has been a slow process but I am glad  that I continued  as my outlook has changed in many ways.

I look at other artists work that I would never have coincided  even going to an exhibition containing this modern work. I now look under the basic painting etc to try a analysis what the artists is saying and thus ask different questions (instead of a quick look and move to something else)!  My one drawback is that  I found I have trouble with explaining myself in writing (mild dyslexia does not help) my tutor very kindly sent me a booklet managing dyslexia which has been a help.

The latest book I have purchase is What are you looking at? (150 years of modern art) by Will Gompertz which am finding interesting.  This  module has defiantly opened another aspect of art to continue to study and learn.    

No comments:

Post a Comment